A bipartisan press conference to mark the 40th year since the Roe v. Wade made abortion legal in the United States, paving the way for 55 million abortions, is scheduled for TUESDAY, JAN. 22.
Who: Members of Congress:
- Chris Smith (R-NJ), Co-Chair, Congressional Pro-life Caucus
- Dan Lipinski (D-IL), Co-Chair, Congressional Pro-life Caucus
- Diane Black (R-TN), Member of Congress
Victims of Abortion:
- Marcia Carroll experienced the impact of Roe v. Wade when her daughter was secretly taken across state lines for an abortion without parental consent.
- Olivia Gans Turner is the director of American Victims of Abortion who helped organize one of the nation’s first peer-to-peer post-abortion groups after suffering an acute emotional reaction to her own abortion experience.
- Linda Shrewsbury is a founding member of American Victims of Abortion (AVA) and Black Americans for Life (BAF) who shares her own abortion experience. Irene Beltrain, regional director, California, of Silent No More Awareness Campaign, whose life was changed after she aborted her daughter.
When: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:30 a.m.
Where: 2456 Rayburn House Office Building
(Note: Due to inclement weather, previous plans to hold this event outdoors at the House Triangle on the Capitol Building's East Front lawn, were altered with the decision to hold it 2456 Rayburn location.)