PUBLIC LAW 107-95 – DEC. 21, 2001
HOMELESS VETERANS COMPREHENSIVE
ASSISTANCE ACT OF 2001
Prime Sponsor: Mr. Christopher H. Smith (NJ)
H.R. 2716 – Signed by President Bush on December 21, 2001
- Authorizes $1 billion to aid homeless veterans and prevent veterans from becoming homeless.
- Authorizes 2,000 additional section 8 HUD low-income housing vouchers for homeless veterans.
- Authorizes 10 new Domiciliaries for Homeless Veterans programs.
- Authorizes $285 million for the Homeless Grant and Per Diem Program.
- Authorizes $250 million for the Department of Labor’s Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP).
- Requires VA to provide technical assistance to nonprofit community-based organizations seeking federal funding for homeless programs.
- Requires the VA to provide mental health programs wherever primary care is provided.
- Earmarks $10 million for medical care for homeless veterans with special needs, including older veterans, women and substance abusers.
Text of the Homeless Veterans Comprehensive Assistance Act (P.L. 107-95) [.pdf]