Lifetime Pathbreaker Award from the anti-sex trafficking group Shared Hope International, presented November 2017
2017 Legislator of the Year by the New Jersey Hospital Association
In Defense of Christians (IDC), the 2017 Cedars of God Award
2017 Thomas Jefferson International Religious Freedom Champion Award from the International Religious Freedom Roundtable
Wei Jingsheng Foundation - Human Rights and Freedom Defender Prize
Recipient of the 2017 “Alexander the Great Public Service Award” from the Hellenic Federation of New Jersey
American Heart Association - 2017 National Public Service Award - "In honor of your contribution to 'Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke'"
Congressional Hunger Center - Bill Emerson and Mickey Leland Hunger Leadership Award
Bread for the World - "For Leadership on Global Food Security and Nutrition"
2017 Truck Safety Leadership Award - Truck Safety Coalition
2017 Champion of Change - National Down Syndrome Society
2017 Distinguished Community Health Advocate - National Association of Community Health Centers
2017 "Ignite 4 Autism, Congressional Champion Award," in recognition of his ongoing commitment to individuals with autism and their families.
- 2016 "Trafficking In Persons Hero Award” by the Airline Ambassadors for unrelenting fight against human trafficking and those who perpetrate it.
2016 "Order of Timor-Leste" presented to Rep. Smith by Prime Minister of Timor-Leste (East Timor), Dr. Rui Maria de Araújo, and former President and hero of Timorese independence Kay Rala Xanana Gusmão in special recognition to those “who have made a significant contribution to the country of Timor Leste, to the Timorese or to all Mankind.”
"Global Food and Nutrition Security Leadership Award" presented by Global Citizen, CARE, and World Vision in recognition of leadership on the Global Food Security Act
2016 “Patriot Award” from InfoAge Science-History Museum, recognizing "men and women of extraordinary caliber who love, support and defend our country and its interests"
National Retail Federation 2016 Hero of Main Street for Continued Support of the Retail Industry
"Dawn's Place 2016 Champion Award" In Recognition of His Work to Abolish Human Trafficking
2016 Dystonia Advocacy Network Distinguished Public Service Award
Recognition of Commitment to Human Rights and Democratic Liberty, Saint Andrew's Freedom Forum
Voices of the Bosnian Genocide 2015 Award recognizing efforts to ensure that the genocide at Srebrenica is acknowledged
American Hungarian Federation's Medal of Freedom, awarded to recognize lifetime achievements, dedication to freedom and democracy
NJ Assn. of Mental Health and Addictions Agencies 2015 Federal Legislator of the Year
Veterans of Foreign Wars 2015 Legislator of the Year
Boat People SOS Vietnamese Human Rights Award
National Retail Federation's 2015 'Hero of Main Street' in honor of Continued Support of the Retail Industry
2015 Healey International Relief Foundation Humanitarian Impact Award in Healthcare
2015 Citizen Power Award - Initiatives for China/Citizen Power for China
Nyumbani Award in recognition and appreciation for untiring efforts to combat HIV AIDS
2015 Leadership Award from the Center for Jewish Life
- The 2012 Easter Seals Advocacy Award for "exemplary commitment to advancing opportunities for children and adults with disabilities or special needs." Smith was selected for helping transform the landscape for people with disabilities and for leading the effort maintain the essential research and services work in 2012. Easter Seals said that thanks to the tenacity of Smith, his Combating Autism Act enacted in 2011 will support research and services through 2014.
- Refugees International's 2012 Congressional Leadership Award. Presented by Sam Waterston in recognition his leadership of the Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Human Rights and his support of issues that have critical impacts on refugees and displaced people.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s “Spirit of Enterprise” award. Presented in 2012 recognition of his accomplishments and support for “pro-jobs, pro-growth policies” in the first session of the 112th Congress.
- National PACE Association (NPA)NPA Public Service Award 2012. Given in recognition of his leadership in helping protect Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) as an option for New Jersey seniors. Cong. Smith helped launch the first Medicare-sponsored PACE in New Jersey.
- The Humane Society of the United States Humane Champion Award. Presented in 2012 for his leadership on animal protection legislation in 2011.
- “Defender of Children,” 2012. Awarded for his support of policies that advance the well-being of children, given to 50 Members of the 540 Members of Congress (House, Senate, Delegates from territories) by the First Focus Campaign for Children, a national, bipartisan child advocacy group.
- 2011 leadership award by Flax Trust-America. Given by the the American branch of the Flax Trust Mission in Belfast, for his leadership efforts, legislative accomplishments and other initiatives in promoting peace and justice iin Northern Ireland.
- 2011 Distinguished Community Health Advocate. Presented in Ocean County, N.J. by the National Assn. of Community Health Centers for preserving access to quality health care for medically-underserved Americans.
- 2011 Global Forum Leadership Award. Presented by The American Jewish Committee for his work on anti-Semitism and other humanitarian issues
- 2011 Man of Distinction Award. Recognized by the Monmouth County Jewish Federation for work on anti-Semitism, human trafficking, child abduction and other humanitarian issues
- 2011 Appreciation Award and Honorary Firefighter's Helmet. Presented for his roll in helping save more than 60 firefighters facing pending lay-offs
- Students for Life of America 2010 Wilberforce Leadership Award
- Award of Gratitude from Falun Dafa Practitioners in New Jersey
- 2010 Legislator of the Year, National Association of Private and Special Education Centers
- Award of Recognition from the Allergy & Asthma Network
- The Arc Mercer's 2009 Joey Damiano Community Hero Award
- 2009 Humane Society of the United States Legislative Leader Award
- 2009 Humanity Award, Prolife World Congress
- Award Recognizing Dedication and Support to Lyme Patients, Lyme Disease Association
- 2009 Max Cleland Lifetime Achievement Award from Veterans & Military Families for Progress
- Award of Thanks from Autism Speaks, 2009
- National Association of Community Health Centers 2009 Distinguished Community Health Superhero
- Award of Appreciation from Keep Infants with Down Syndrome, 2009
- Award of Appreciation from the Township of Howell for work on the Evans Case
- 2008 Public Policy Award from The Marshall Legacy Institute
- The Good Samaritan Award from Advocates International
- The Presidents Award of the American Association of Blood Banks
- Innocents at Risk Award for Leadership in Fight to Stop Human Trafficking
- The Central and East European Coalition Award
- Leadership in Promoting Human Rights in Vietnam and The World Over
- St. Francis Medical Center "Spirit of St. Francis" Award 2008
- National Breast Cancer Coalition's Certificate of Excellence 2007
- Housing & Community Development Network of NJ Legislator of the Year 2007
- Award of Appreciation from New Jersey's Homeless Individuals and Families, 2007
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Spirit of Enterprise Award 2007
- American Ireland Fund's Distinguished Leadership Award 2007
- Commander's Cross of Merit from the Republic of Hungary
- Humane Society of United States' Humane Champion Award 2007
- Life Issues Institute President's Award 2007
- Family Research Council's "True Blue" Award 2007
- American Jewish Committee's Soviet Jewry Liberty Award
- Leon H. Sullivan Award of 2007
- Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Award: Circle of Honor Award of 2007
- Korean American Voters' Council's Human Rights Award of 2007
- NJ Water Association's President's Award of 2007
- "Srebrenica 1995" Award, 2007
- Trenton Diocese's St. Thomas More Award, 2007
- Knights of Columbus Respect Life Award, 2007
- Society of Ethiopians Established in Diaspora (SEED) Special Recognition Award, 2007
- Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of the Jersey Shore's Commodore John Barry Award, 2007
- Alzheimer's Association of America's Chairman's Leadership Award, 2006
- Irish American Unity Conference Paul O'Dwyer Award, 2006
- Autism Society of America Congressional Hero Award
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Legislator of the Year
- New Jersey VFW Legislator of the Year
- Vitae Caring Award--2005
- New Jersey Association of Mental Health Agencies Pony Express Federal Leadership Award
- Ancient Order of Hibernians Sean MacBride Human Rights Award
- National Mental Health Association Legislator of the Year
- Western Monmouth Chamber of Commerce Public Service Award
- Jewish War Veterans Legislator of the Year
- New Jersey Broadcasters Association 2002 Award
- AmVETS Silver Helmet Award
- Proudly Pro Life Award -- National Right to Life Committee Educational Trust Fund -- 1996
- N.J. State Postal Workers Leader of the Year for service during anthrax crisis
- American Legion Distinguished Public Service Award
- Humanitarian of the Year Award from Catholic Charities Diocese of Trenton
- Order of the Purple Heart Legislator of the Year
- National Association of Community Health Centers Distinguished Community Health Defender Award
- Vietnam Veterans of America 2003 Legislator of the Year Award
- American Hungarian Federation Alexander Boloni Farkas Award
- Retired Enlisted Association Award of Excellence
- Spina Bifida Association of the Tri State Region Spirit of Life Award
- Irish American Unity Conference Patrick Finucane Award
- New Jersey Primary Care Association Community Health"Super Hero"
- October 19, 2002 declared "Congressman Chris Smith Day" in Brick for work on behalf of people with autism
- Award of Merit from the Military Coalition
- United Parcel Service (UPS) recognition for consistent support.
- Spina Bifida Association of America "Congressional Champion"
- Diocese of Trenton's Bishop John C. Reiss Respect Life Award -- 1990
- Honored by New Jersey Association of Realtors for work helping veterans
- Friends of Navy Lakehurst's Capt. Frank Taylor Evans Outstanding Achievement Award
- National Association of State Approving Agencies Award
- Northwest Pregnancy Center and Maternity Home Friend for Life Award
- Naval Civilian Managers Association
- 2001 New Jersey State Hibernian Humanitarian Award
- National Association for Homeless Veterans Legislative Leadership Award
- Values Action Team 2003 Award
- Trenton Vets Center Distinguished Service Award
- Boy Scouts of America Jersey Shore Council Outstanding Service Award
- Vietnamese American Community for work fighting for religious freedom and human rights in Vietnam
- Diocese of Metuchen's Diocesan Pro Vita Award -- 1998
- County Veterans Services Officers Award
- Blinded American Veterans Foundation George "Buck" Gillispie Award for helping sensory disabled veterans
- Honored by the New Jersey General Assembly for being elected Chairman of the House Veterans' Affairs Committee
- Immigration and Refugee Services of America (IRSA) Ivan Veit Award for service and commitment to refugees and immigrants.
- Honored by the Vietnam Combat Veterans Coalition for dedicated service to POWs and MIAs.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Spirit of Enterprise Award (Multiple Congresses)
- William Wilberforce Award for combating social injustice
- American Legion Department Commanders' Appreciation Award
- Scleroderma Foundation "Man of the Year"
- Sierra Club Clean Air Champion
- National Association of State Veterans Homes Distinguished Service Award
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Guardian of Small Business
- Disabled American Veterans Outstanding Service Award
- National EMS recognition for support of EMS systems.
- New Jersey Catholic War Veterans Patriot Award
- National Right to Life Committee for outstanding contribution to the defense of life
- Irishman of the Year -- the Ocean County Emerald Society
- National Committee of Adoption Friend of Adoption Award
- Cancer Institute of N.J. Cancer Advocacy Award
- VFW Post 3525 Award
- 2001Courage in the Marketplace Award -- Legatus
- American Ambulance Association Legislative Recognition Award
- Peace Corps Leader for Peace Award
- New Jersey Association of Counties
- Plumsted Township Recognition for his work on the BOMARC cleanup project
- American Security Council Eagle of Freedom Award
- 2001 Defender of Life Award -- Pro Life Union of Southeast Pennsylvania
- Legislator of the Year -- International Chiropractors Association
- Anchor House Child Advocate Award
- "Share the Vision" Award from the Lyme Research Foundation
- Center for Outreach and Services for the Autism Community Award
- Religious Alliance Against Pornography Award
- 2001 Inspiration Award from the Year United Catholic Music Video Association (UCMVA)
- Deborah Heart Foundation Humanitarian of the Year
- Citizen of the Year -- the Toms River-Ocean County Chamber of Commerce
- Recognition by St. Cecelia's Parish, Iselin, N.J.
- Friend of the National Parks Award from the National Park Conservation Association
- Courage to Lead Award from the International Chiropractors Association
- Distinguished Service Award from the New Jersey State Council of the Knights of Columbus
- NJARSVRD Award (Senior Citizen Volunteer Retirement Programs)
- Non-Commissioned Officers Association 2002 L. Mendel Rivers Award
- Man of the Year Award from B'Nai Brith Judean Unit 1351
- Citizens for a Sound Economy Jefferson Award
- Christian Coalition Friend of the Family Award